UptimeDoctor.com collects information from our users for a number of reasons, the chief one being to better understand our users and their needs.
Please read carefully our policy on data collection and use of the data collected.
When is information collected from you?
- When you register for or use any of UptimeDoctor.com's services on websites owned and/or operated by UptimeDoctor.com
What is the information used for?
- To provide goods and services by UptimeDoctor.com or its designated representatives and/or business partners to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from our sites
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you
- To conduct statistical analysis of the users of our sites including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans, the enhancement of our products and services, targeted advertisements and conveying such information in broad terms (but not information in relation to specific individuals) to third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with us
- To send you information and updates in relation to our goods and services. All accounts can opt out from this mailing at any time without any condition.
- To send you marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services. Paid accounts can opt out from this mailing at any time without any condition. Free accounts can also opt out by upgrading to Paid account, or by cancelling the account.
- Your details will be kept strictly private and not be passed on to any other third party companies.
What is the information used for?
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. As a general rule, we do not disclose specific information about our users to any third parties unless so required by law or any government agencies. All communication whether from us or our business partners will be sent to you by us.
Can you change and update your particulars?
If you wish to correct, change or update your particulars, all you have to do is to go to your Control Panel to do so. You will need to have your username and password.
How is your data protected
UptimeDoctor.com will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access. Access to your account is password protected. Thus, no other party, including employees of UptimeDoctor.com, can change the information. However, you must remember to log off from your account and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You must not, at any time, divulge your password to any third party.
All information gathered by UptimeDoctor.com is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorized staff of UptimeDoctor.com using assigned usernames and passwords.
UptimeDoctor.com uses "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.